ACEPrep is now seeking Math & Physics Instructor for Dublin Center, CA.
Job Title: Math & Physics Instructor
Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree in Physics
Experience: 5 years of progressively responsible, post bachelor degree experience
Special Requirement: The required five-year experience must be post bachelor, progressively responsible in teaching college prep students; written tests will be given to each applicant in math and/or physics to evaluate applicant’s ability to teach physics up to the level of USA Physics Olympiad (or equivalent contests) and to teach math up to the level of USA Math Olympiad (or equivalent contests) during the interview.
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide instruction for individuals or small groups of high school students in order to improve academic performance in Math (including Calculus AB/BC or higher level) and Physics (including AP Physics or equivalent).
- In the field of physics – assist students with physics homework, prepare students for tests, and help them understand key formulas and concepts.
- In the field of mathematics—engage students in math learning using technological tools, adjust math lessons to meet the student’s skill level and pace, and prepare a tutoring curriculum in line with the AP Calculus AB/BC up to linear algebra.
- Develop tutoring plans or individualized education plans (IEPs) for students by identifying weaknesses and by determining the best intervention strategies to meet the students’ needs.
- Instruct students through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations to ensure their learning and comfort with the challenging material.
- Help students overcome moderate learning difficulties in order to excel academically and achieve higher grades.
- Prepare students for college by creating personal learning plans focused on strengthening his or her test-taking skills and improving/enchanting math and physics skills.
- Prepare and provide students with practice questions and exercises to challenge and help them excel in both academic fields.
- Help students reach their full potential by creating realistic goals and preparing personalized learning materials such as handouts, study materials, quizzes, and interactive exercises to help them meet their goals.
- Assess students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Collaborate with students, parents, teachers, school administrators, or counselors to holistically determine the student needs and to develop an appropriate tutoring curriculum.
- Communicate progress to students, parents or teachers through various forms of communication such as written progress reports, emails, phone calls, or in person.
- Maintain records of students’ assessment results, progress records, student feedback, or school report cards – ensuring confidentiality of all personal information.
Please send resume to:
ACEPrep Dublin Center
7567 Amador Valley Blvd. Ste 205
Dublin, CA 94568